StupidGenius is a white background two-columns theme which comes in five different flavours: default, white, violet, green, red.
To switch between colours, just comment/uncomment the corresponding lines in style.css.
Here are some features:
- 5 different flavours in one theme
- Lightweight (all graphics are just 32 KB)
- Simple layout, 2 columns
- Widget ready
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2 Valid
- Tested with Explorer 6 & 7, Firefox 3+, Safari 3+
By default, in single posts and single pages there’s no sidebar. Most users like this clean and less distracting design, which improves readability and lets the visitor concentrate on content.
On the other side, some users prefer the sidebar to be always visible. If you want your sidebar back, just delete single.php (for single posts) and/or page.php (for pages) from the theme’s folder.
The name “StupidGenius” was created by Maura Gancitano.
5 versions available
These are the available colours:
CSS, XHTML and design are released under GPL.
3.3.5 – 2009-09-23
New feature: You can have the sidebar to be displayed (default is: no sidebar at all) in single posts and single pages by removing single.php and/or page.php from theme’s folder.
3.3.4 – 2009-09-21
Bug fix: centered images now are displayed properly.
3.3.3 – 2009-03-12
- Added comments template in page.php
- Added support for photo galleries.
- Added support for paginated pages.
- Added a workaround for an Explorer 6 bug (not applying overflow to pre tagged content wider than post width).
- Author in single posts is now commented and not visible by default.
- Removed version number from footer.
- Tags for this theme comply with recent WP guidelines.
- Author and theme URLs now link to http://www.behindtherabbit.com/.
3.2 – 2008-11-12
CSS improvements (post headings, cite, pre, legend, table headers and cells). 404 page added. Author and theme URLs now link to http://www.bachelite.org/.
3.1 – 2008-10-03
3.0 – 2008-10-02
First widget-ready, 2.6 compliant version.
Private version, used for my website http://www.asterione.org/techno/
Not released to public.
First public version, really outdated.