Please read this announcement.
Carbone is a dark background theme, suitable for many different websites, from business to personal blogs. The white page on a gray background, a balanced use of color and whitespace, unobtrusive shadows and glows make this design elegant and well readable.
Six variations are available out-of-the-box: Orange (default), Light Blue, Dark Blue, Red, Green, Orange with right sidebar. Moreover, with Site/Page Code Injection and just two lines of code you can easily customize your entire website or just single pages at will.
|Retina-ready:||yes (Sandvox 2.8 required)|
You can use and mix the following options using just two lines of code. These options are activated via Code Injection either site-wide or on a per-page basis. Here is how.
First of all, choose the option or options you want to activate, according to this table:
|Sidebar located on the right||right-sidebar|
|Header aligned to the right||header-right|
|Remove the “fluo” effect from the header||no-fluo-header|
|Use a serif font (Georgia) instead of Lucida Grande (sans-serif)||serif-font|
Other customization options
If this is not enough, you can still change the main color to any color of your choice via Site or Page Code Injection.
Paste this code in “Site Code Injection…” if you want to change the look of the whole site or in “Page Code Injection…” if you want to modify just a single page. Here are few examles:
Change the header background to a solid color:
Carbone 4.0 lets you change easily also the page background:
If you are a previous Carbone user, this is what’s new for you (you can read full instructions about this update in this post):
- Support for the “blockquote” object has been added.
- The maximum size of images has increased from 700px to 760px (pages with no sidebar) and from 500px to 550px (pages with sidebar). This means the images are now full-width.
- The design is entirely built on CSS: no images anymore. This means faster loading times and more customization options.
- Sub-menu carets and navigation arrows have a new look.
- The height of submenu items has been slightly reduced.
- Dropped support for Sandvox 1.x. Sorry!
Requirements: Sandvox 2.7 (Sandvox 2.8 or later for retina-ready websites).
Please, read our policy before you buy.